DATE OF ELIGIBILITY
NON CONTACT U5 TO U8
- Have fun whilst developing rugby skills through drills that allow; ball familiarisation, space awareness, movement evasion / agility, ball handling, support play / team mates and defence.
- Gradual understanding of laws within non-contact relevance.
- Girls mixed throughout Non-Contact years.
- Team mix to always be balanced boy/girl with no tiering/streaming applied and strong focus on ensuring passing is promoted across the team and doesn’t become an isolated few players.
CONTACT U9 TO U11
- Blending players within A & B division tiers with respective evenly mixed teams and promotion of player movement though development.
- Training sessions to be set up with a combination of group skills and team time.
- Building players confidence and technique in and around the contact area, Safe technique in the tackle, off-loading in contact/ball placement, organisation and line speed while in attack/defence.
- Competing for possession and decision-making in & around the contact area.
- Commencement of tiering and streaming players into the Richard Hawks / Kim Lam competition teams; with promotion / demotion of players to accommodate development.
- Training sessions to be set up a combination of group skills and team time.
- Increase technical coaching support via player coaches; Set piece (techniques), Contest of possession (decision making), Structure and tactical aspects of the game (continuity, patience, simple game plan) being ready for 15 aside youth rugby.
- Through our affiliation with other friendly clubs, we have created a pathway to senior rugby from Youth positional play and introduction to game structures (play same way).
COLTS / GIRLS
Ages U13 – U19
- Currently split into four age groups, U13, U14, U16 and U19)
- Colts competitions are organised on an age (not weight) basis. They play in one, two or three year bands – U13, U14, U16 and U19 for Boys and U14, U16 and U19 for Girls.